Almond Cookie Recipe
Almond cookies have great flavour and require less butter than typical cookies due to their high fat content. They have a nutty flavour and great texture that will keep people coming back for more.
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups sifted flour
- Cream the butter, and slowly add 1/2 cup of sugar
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla, all the flour, almonds and salt and blend until consistent. Chill.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 300 degrees. They're done when they're a golden brown colour.
- Combine the remaining cup of sugar with a teaspoon of vanilla and roll the warm cookies in the sugar mix.
Makes 5-6 dozen.
You can also place a few larger chunks in the batter if you'd like pieces of almonds sticking out.